Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac startup problem

MAC running High Sierra shuts down 80% into startup. Have tried Shift and Cmd R but still shuts down. Any ideas? Also ran Cmd S and then typed fsck -fy which didn’t help.

iMac, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2018 9:21 AM in response to Mac-@broken

You know what normally this is cause by an update that is to advanced for the hardware to take but those specs of yours are pretty solid, I bet High Sierra was running pretty fast before the issue took place.

So! since starting it in SAFE MODE did not worked either I'm thinking hardware failure might be a reason.

We would need to enter the Recovery Menu to check the Hard Drive, recover with Time Machine or Re-Install the Operating System.

Try OPTION + COMMAND + R or SHIFT + OPTION + COMMAND + R at startup please. Maybe your Mac happens to be react to those old ways of accessing the Recovery Menu and let us know if you actually see able to get to this window:

User uploaded file

Mar 5, 2018 5:18 PM in response to Mac-@broken

Hi 'Mac'

You're more likely to get a useful answer for this question from someone in the Mac OS & System software > macOS High Sierra community than in a community where the main topic is issues and techniques involving a long discontinued productivity application for Mac (AppleWorks).

I've requested your question be transferred.

Regards,

Barry

Mac startup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.