Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scam

So I just saw this email today and was immediately questioning what the **** was going on.

Some things that made me realize this was a scam.

1. I wasn't even on itunes yesterday nor did i pay for anything.

2. WHO IN THIER RIGHT MIND PAYS FOR YOUTUBE RED.

3. It says I purchased it March 4th (yesterday) but to not be charged I would have to cancel the subscription on the 3rd, which makes no sense whatsoever, very fishy.

And 4. When I clicked on "Cancel Subscription" It took me to the apple page which said my account was locked and i had to verify my credit card info, social security, and other things like that. I did none of that after i realized my card likely will not be charged.

I'm just mad that whoever made this scam already has a lot of my info which also worries me a little, then again they don't have what they want so they can go stick it up where the sun don't shine for all I care. Please read this and take care with reading emails like this and don't fall for these peoples stupid freaking scams. Be safe!User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 12:45 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2018 12:48 PM in response to acombs45

As with most of these scams, they know absolutely nothing about you or your account. They send out thousands of such emails at a time, in the hopes of catching someone. They are hoping to trick someone into revealing their personal/finanacial information.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Mar 5, 2018 12:53 PM in response to acombs45

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more.

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.