Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo captions

How to retain photo captions when creating a shared iCloud photo album?

iPhoto '11, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 1:06 AM

That is not possible. Shared albums do not keep the photo titles and descriptions. If you want to add information to a photo in a shared album, add a comment to the photo, when you post the photo in the album. I am always adding a comment, explaining what the photo is about, when I share a photo in an album.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 1:06 AM in response to patfromabingdon

That is not possible. Shared albums do not keep the photo titles and descriptions. If you want to add information to a photo in a shared album, add a comment to the photo, when you post the photo in the album. I am always adding a comment, explaining what the photo is about, when I share a photo in an album.

Mar 6, 2018 4:18 AM in response to patfromabingdon

It has been like this since the shared albums (streams) have first been introduced with MacOS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. For a very short time the shared photo streams transferred the metadata (titles, locations), but then this has been dropped in newer versions. I hope, Apple will reconsider, if enough users send feedback.

I just shared an album with friends and it was horrible to have to copy and paste 200 captions from the Info panel of the photo to a comment field.

Photo captions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.