Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got my iPhone battery replaced but maybe not.

Is it a scam? I took my phone into Best Buy, authorized agent to replace apple battery. They did a diagnostic through apple (he showed me) - it's just a way for big brother to check up on you. Anyway, when I got the phone back it had roughly the same charge as when I left it. It didn't occur to me until later, why would a "new battery" be at 40%? (you would think it would either be uncharged or fully charged). Anyway, the phone is no better at holding a charge and the percentage jumps down in a very erratic way, like one minute it's a 27%, then it suddenly drops to 1%. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:25 PM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2018 2:30 PM in response to elisafromarmonk

If you have a question about the replacement, take that up with Best Buy. As far as replacement batteries, they are not generally fully charged, and then cannot be uncharged, or that would ruin the battery. Lithium ion batteries are generally in an approximate 50% charge when in storage to maintain the battery, and not damage it. When you were originally experiencing battery issues, did you restore your phone?

I got my iPhone battery replaced but maybe not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.