Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto library migration to new iMac. How to get my 2nd iPhoto Library into Photos?

We transferred our files from old iMac to a new one yesterday. I opened Photos and there were my 3 iPhoto libraries in a list.. I selected the main one and during this morning it migrated them in to Photos. I have tried many ways to now migrate my other 2 iPhoto libraries in there too as it is not coming up with the same option. They are in pictures already on the new iMac, but I cannot click and drag it either? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

iMac with Retina 5K display

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:15 PM

Launch Photos while holding the option key down and in the resulting select library window see what you have in the select library window - I'm guessing you have three Photos libraries and three iPhoto libraries - open each Photos library and see what is in it, each will match a migrated iPhoto library

LN

11 replies

iPhoto library migration to new iMac. How to get my 2nd iPhoto Library into Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.