Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra has stalled my Mac Book Pro

How do I quit installing? I keep re-starting and going in to safe mode but have lost wi-if connection and although etherent is plugged in I can’t access Itunes or App Store. Please please can anyone help?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:33 PM

Can you boot normally? Do you have a backup you can restore from?

Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility and select First Aid. Then re-install the OS.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

If that doesn't work, try booting into Internet Recovery (command - option/alt - R on a restart). It is a slow process. This will install the newest OS that the computer is compatible with. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility. Then install the OS.When the computer restarts, you can use Setup Assistant to restore your data from Time Machine.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:33 PM in response to markpersad

Can you boot normally? Do you have a backup you can restore from?

Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility and select First Aid. Then re-install the OS.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

If that doesn't work, try booting into Internet Recovery (command - option/alt - R on a restart). It is a slow process. This will install the newest OS that the computer is compatible with. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility. Then install the OS.When the computer restarts, you can use Setup Assistant to restore your data from Time Machine.

OS X Recovery

OS X Recovery (2)

High Sierra has stalled my Mac Book Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.