Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore MacBook Disk os x el Capitan

Good morning mac always faithful to accompany us. I have a little complaint about the Sierra Sierra macros installation. At the time I did the macos isntal I forget to back up the data / app that is on my Mac on time machine. Therefore I am so confused not know what to do to cancel it, because too much important data and my DJ app as well as songs that are inside me confused. Finally I pressed the OFF key and it was canceled. Not long after I revived it could not have a problem with the Mac I was looking for a solution I finally tried with the command + R button and after that in my Macintosh Disk utility just ilang and can not restore the backup. That's how I confused. What I'm questioning ...

How to restore or restore Disk On my old Mac and restore the old data and app as I need to backup it just reinstall macOS. Please for the instructions and thank you

Sent from myMail for iOS

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 7:00 AM

Yes, it appears that you have deleted your Mac OS volume. You'll need to reformat the "Apple HDD..." that should create a new Mac OS volume.

Boot into Recovery (if that doesn't work try Internet Recovery, Shift-Option-Command-R) to do this in Disk Utility.

6 replies

Restore MacBook Disk os x el Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.