Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Invalid Payment Method" Error

So I got a Visa Giftcard ($50 if that matters) and I used it to buy some in app purchases for games that I have on my iPhone 6s. I used all of the money on it and when I tried to remove it from my Apple ID, I could not select the "none" option for payment method. To try to figure the issue out, I went into Settings > Apple ID > Payment & Shipping (which says Visa) > Clicked on "Visa" > Change Payment Method > None > Next and then it wants me to put in more "Payment Details". I don't understand why it wants me to put in "Payment Details" if I have literally just selected "None" one screen before. All of the information is correct anyway and I press "Next at the top of my screen and I get a message that says "Invalid Payment Method Your current card type is not supported by this store. Please correct your credit card information." But I didn't put in a credit card!! I selected "none". I don't have any debt, unpaid purchases, any subscriptions that renew, or any other ongoing payment method that I would need a card for. I just want to remove my Visa Giftcard so that I can update my free apps. I have looked at the article about what to do if you can't select "None" and nothing worked because I don't have the Family Sharing thing and I don't have any missing payments or anything like that. Someone please help because my apps are really out of date and I can't download any new apps.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 3:14 PM

1 reply

"Invalid Payment Method" Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.