Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I move a boot camp partition to another boot camp partition?

I have Boot Camp (BC) on Mac Mini 1 (MM1). I want to create a BC partition on MM2, and then move the BC from MM1 to MM2. Can this be done?

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 9:32 AM

The Mac mini (Mid 2010) - Technical Specifications has a nVIdia 320m GPU, while the 2008 most likely has an Intel GMA. For the 2008, can you look at About This Mac -> System Report -> Graphics and post which GPU it has? Also, post the Mac model identifier.

This may need more work, primarily due to GPU differences. You will most likely need to run a SysPrep to generalize Windows. Be aware that retail licensing SysPrep only a limited number of times (3).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 9:32 AM in response to scb

The Mac mini (Mid 2010) - Technical Specifications has a nVIdia 320m GPU, while the 2008 most likely has an Intel GMA. For the 2008, can you look at About This Mac -> System Report -> Graphics and post which GPU it has? Also, post the Mac model identifier.

This may need more work, primarily due to GPU differences. You will most likely need to run a SysPrep to generalize Windows. Be aware that retail licensing SysPrep only a limited number of times (3).

can I move a boot camp partition to another boot camp partition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.