Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 Mac Pro- freezes in Logic 10.4.1

I'm having an issue where Logic GUI freezes but audio continues playing. The cursor can be moved but won't do anything. Unplugging TB and/or HDMI cables does nothing. Once this happens the machine must be hard-restarted before it can be controlled by the user.

Machine = 6 Core, 3.5 Xeon, 32G Ram

AMD 300 GPUs

OS = Sierra 10.12.6

System drive = 256G SSD, approx 77G free

Files on external drives via TBolt 2

Monitor NEC Paw271 vi Apple HDMI-DVI adapter.

I'm working on rather small and uncomplicated (by today's standards) Logic files, which ran perfectly on a quad-core Mini with 16G of RAM.

I've read here and other places that there are issues with graphics cards, but wondering if anyone is having issues specifically with Logic 10.4.1.

Any help is appreciated.

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2013, Logic 10.4.1

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 4:17 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

2013 Mac Pro- freezes in Logic 10.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.