Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full screen video not working in iTunes Previews

I have a MacBook Pro 15" 2017 Model with Latest macOS High Serra 10.13.3 ( I have not had this Mac very long. )

3.1 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB 2133 Mhz Ram

I have Final Cut Pro Installed and a few other minor programs from the App Store, I was trying to not put too many programs on it unless it was something I really needed to use.

When in iTunes and watching a Preview of almost any 1080P Show or Movie, the show will look ok as long as the mouse and seek bar is still on the screen, but, as soon as the seek bar and mouse fade away, the video becomes just a bunch of garbage that doesn't look like anything but static as if the lines of the video are now out of sync with the number of lines on the screen. If I move the mouse so the search bar and mouse come back it goes back to normal. If I then buy the show or movie and watch it in full screen from the download the video is great even when the mouse and search bar go away, it's only doing this on the previews within iTunes.

I have watched Youtube full screen on it and it doesn't happen. I was thinking about posting this in iTunes support, but, my other Mac doesn't do this and iTunes on windows doesn't do this either, so, I'm thinking it's something to do with the combination of the hardware of this Mac and how it interacts with iTunes when running on High Serra 10.13.3

Anyone heard of this before or know how to fix it? I just keep moving the mouse on the previews so it doesn't make the search bar and mouse go away, but, I would like to not have to do that.

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:02 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 5, 2018 7:28 PM in response to dialabrain

No, Anti-Virus, but I do have the Epson Printer Software, FileZilla Pro, Final Cut, Compressor, Motion, Photoshop Elements 2018, and iPull.

The only software I didn't get from the App Store is the Epson Printer Software.

Everything else is the factory default software that it came with and the latest updates from the App Store.

Mar 5, 2018 8:56 PM in response to DAOQ

Looking into it more, it seems to be certain shows and not all of them. Maybe I just happened to pick a bunch of shows it did it on. I went through a bunch of shows to see which ones did it and which ones did not do it. There was a lot of shows it didn't do it on when I went back through, but it still does it on a bunch of them too.

Maybe see if this one does it for you, this one seems to do it every time on all the episodes I tried to preview.

Star Wars Rebels, Season 2, Pt. 1

Does this one do it for you?

Mar 5, 2018 9:12 PM in response to DAOQ

DAOQ wrote:

Does this one do it for you?

Well it's fine for me. But I'm on a 1Gb connection, with a GPU card with 4GB of memory. It may be where you are located, how popular the show, and whether your ISP throttles your connection.

I don't know. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

You can post an EtreCheck report in case anything obvious shows.

http://etrecheck.com/

Full screen video not working in iTunes Previews

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.