Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtones missing after iTunes update 12.7.3.46

I purchased a ringtone from the iTunes store, Tones tab, and it disappeared from iTunes on my computer. Now when I go into iTunes and click on the Tones icon for my phone it says "No Items." I have looked in my iTunes folder on my computer and there is no folder called Tones. The ringtone is still present on my iPhone X, so it is not lost, but when I sync my phone nothing happens. I have tried the suggestions online and nothing has worked. I am wondering how I can get that ringtone to show up in iTunes again.

Windows 10

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 11, 2018 11:36 AM in response to CasperTheTech

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

My ringtones are already re-downloaded on my phone like in picture 1, but what I would like to know is if I can get immigrant song back into my iTunes library. I bought immigrant song from the tones section in the iTunes Store like in the picture and it is the only one I cannot get back into iTunes. All iTunes says is no items and that is why I am confused because I bought the ringtone from the iTunes store, so why is it not showing up in my iTunes library? The reason I want to see it in iTunes is so that I can change when the ringtone starts and stops playing.

Mar 11, 2018 11:43 AM in response to Hkramer777

iTunes no longer manages tones directly on the device, so transfer purchases is unlikely to copy a tone file from device to media fodler. Tones can now be redownloaded directly on the device, so don't need to be copied into your library. You may be able to extract with a third party tool.

See Create and manage ringtones in iTunes and if necessary review this thread: Re: garage band i deleted the app and now i have some ringtones stuck in my phone.

tt2

Ringtones missing after iTunes update 12.7.3.46

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.