Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add a photo into each cell of a table

I have created a table in PAGES 2 columns wide and 4 rows down (to use for name tags). I want to add a picture to each cell in the table. When I "Insert" the photo, it goes to the middle of the cell and does not allow me to move it, or resize. No Pointer icon is available to select anything in the cell. What am I doing wrong???

Imac G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:06 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 5, 2018 6:40 PM in response to krgbcg

The cell has no content, so there is nothing to select.

Images pasted into cells are treated as 'Image Fill', which is format, no content. You can select the cell, press option-command-C to copy that format (and any other format attributes assigned to that cell), then select one or more other cells and press option-command-V to paste the format of the original cell into the selected cell(s).

If you increase the size of the cell, the size of the image will increase to fill the cell in the same manner as it did when inserted in the original size cell.

If you want the central part of the image to occupy more of the cell, you need to trim the unwanted area from the image before pasting.

Regards,

Barry

PS: Adding the same image to several cells in this manner will quickly bloat your document. Pages does not index a single copy of an image to display in several locations, nor does it load a reduced size image to display in a small space (such as a table cell). Each copy is received as a full size image file.

B

Mar 5, 2018 7:21 PM in response to krgbcg

It helps if you tell us what version of Pages.

As a general solution drag the image into Pages from Finder and then cut and paste it into position in each cell in the text.

You do not need to use a Table to create your name tags.

Name tags are nothing but fixed size rectangles. Make one the right size with the image and text the way you like it and repeat that 2 across, 4 down.

Peter

Add a photo into each cell of a table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.