Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What apple Remote Desktop app work on new versions Mac 10.11 above, and classic platform. Timbuktu works only up to about 10.xx - is there a new version or any other software?

How can I access Classic programs on a Mac Mini/Power PC etc using new versions of Mac (e.g.10.13). Previously we used Timbuktu, but that does not work on newer Macs. Any one know if there is a remote software that can view classic from higher versions of 10.xx?

PowerMac, iOS 9, remote software

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:20 PM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2018 2:52 PM in response to ML2171

If the built-in Screen Sharing doesn't work across the versions you're interested in, then I'd not expect the Apple Remote Desktop client would work. There are various potential screen-sharing client options, but most folks here don't have software configurations as far back as you're working with here.

I'd probably start testing with Chicken of the VNC, but you're probably going to have to do some research and testing with the particular VNC server that was included in your target older releases. And I don't know when a VNC server was first integrated, nor when you're going to want or need to add your own VNC/RDP/RFB server.

What apple Remote Desktop app work on new versions Mac 10.11 above, and classic platform. Timbuktu works only up to about 10.xx - is there a new version or any other software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.