Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gift card instead of my credit card

How do I use my gift card instead of my credit card. It use to automatically use the money from the gift card balance. Now it keeps asking me to verify my credit card which I don’t want to use. Thanks for helping.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 8:39 PM

There's this mysterious thing called"verifying" which I can't find in any of Apple's documentation but Apple still wants a credit card to be entered even if you then immediately remove it again. As long as you have enough in your balance the card shouldn't be charged anything. That said, I have downloaded and updated free apps and only free apps and have never been asked for my credit card so it is possible to use the system without one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 8:39 PM in response to MasterJeh

There's this mysterious thing called"verifying" which I can't find in any of Apple's documentation but Apple still wants a credit card to be entered even if you then immediately remove it again. As long as you have enough in your balance the card shouldn't be charged anything. That said, I have downloaded and updated free apps and only free apps and have never been asked for my credit card so it is possible to use the system without one.

gift card instead of my credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.