Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update Pages. The little wheel just spins for a long time. Is there something I need to do? I have no idea what original password I had when purchasing this item. I am betting it was different back then. What can I do?

I am trying to update Pages. The little wheel just spins never seeming to stop. Is there something I need to do? I have no idea what original password I had when purchasing this item. I am betting it was different back then. What can I do? I have had this version since 2011 maybe and now it has decided not to open my files. This is critical. I am in the middle of a very important project that has been done largely in Pages!

Anita

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), MAC / PC

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 9:46 PM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 10:09 PM in response to Leo813

The password that you used with your Apple ID when buying the app wouldn't have any effect on updating it now. It is the Apple ID that matters. If you have changed the Apple ID, you cannot update this app. The Apple ID used to buy the app is encoded into the licensed copy on your Mac and that is the only Apple ID that can redownload or update the app.

If you used a previous Apple ID to buy the app and you cannot recover that Apple ID, then your options are to use the app as is or delete the app and buy it again with your current Apple ID.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.13.3;  Watch, 38 mm AL, watchOS 4.2.2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 7+, iOS 11.2.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 10.2.6;  Airport Express

I am trying to update Pages. The little wheel just spins for a long time. Is there something I need to do? I have no idea what original password I had when purchasing this item. I am betting it was different back then. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.