Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Time machine Backup/restore from OSx 10.10 to 10.13

Hi Guys,

I had a Macbook air with 10.10, took backup from Time machine & was suppose to restore with a New Mac air which is running with 10.13 HighSierra. A complete data of 120GB was backed up on time machine with an average of 5-6hrs & restored on New Macbook air. It was Successfully completed with Migration Assistance facing no errors. But then when I look into individual data, few files of around 100mb of excel/word data were missing from old mac to new mac and rest all files/folders/category was unchanged. I was wondering what could be the reason for that & could any one help me out with technical reason.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on

Mar 7, 2018 8:16 AM in response to Lovifrombangalore In response to Lovifrombangalore

I can't answer why your Excel/Word data is missing after you Migrated from your back up. But, have you tried opening your back up, navigating to where these missing documents are and manually copy them over to your Mac?

Mar 7, 2018 8:16 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Lovifrombangalore

Question: Time machine Backup/restore from OSx 10.10 to 10.13