Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on import of DV tape (for part of it)

Hi.

I'm using FCP X 10.4 and I have a problem. I am importing the movie I shot on DV tape (with a Canon HV20 video camera) and using the firewire connection.

For the first 15 min of the tape, I get the sound and the video. I then had to stop the tape for a bit.. then restarted it and now I don't get any sound. I've tried rebooting the computer (iMac), i've tried turning the camera on and off.. and it's consistent. The first clip I imported (about 10 min long) has audio. any imports after that has no video.

I've checked and I can hear the audio on my camera when it's importing.. it's just not showing up after import.

I'm stumped. could I have clicked some setting by accident?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dennis

macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:20 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 9:41 PM in response to DennisCo

I have the same issue. Canon DMGL2, HD tape, firewire import to OS X 10.13.3 and FCP 10.4. Clips play audio in quicktime and on the camera, but not FCP 10.4.

LOTS of reading tonight, LOTS of fixes, but none of the fixes work for me.

System worked before upgrade to 10.13.3. May have been 10.12 when we last imported video. Not sure if it was FCP 10.3 at the time.

Suggestions gladly accepted.

No sound on import of DV tape (for part of it)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.