Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage and facetime problem

Dear all, It is the first time that I use Apple device. Recently, I have bought an iPad 2017 and so far everything was great. However, I have some issues with facetime and iMessage. I cannot choose my phone number as an option in the section of "to be reached". In fact, only my email address (that I created for my apple ID) can be recognized. I signed out from iMessage and facetime, restarted the iPad but still, I do not see the phone number option. I would be grateful if you help me what to do. Note that my iPad is updated to 11.2.6 and does not have cellular and I do not have any other Apple devices other than it.

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 12:50 AM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2018 5:34 PM in response to mjaj89

Hello mjaj89,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are unable to use your phone number in iMessage or FaceTime as only your email address is available. The following article has some information which you may find helpful in resolving this type of issue:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Best Regards.

imessage and facetime problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.