Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic folder to external drive? HOW?

I,m having awful problems trying to move my Logic/GarageBand folders to an external drive.I tried Symlink and Terminal but I can't get them to work....very frustrating...My HD is almost full.

Anyone?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:34 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2018 1:15 AM in response to falcoy

In another post you complain about a lack of responses. I could complain about your lack of question.

The process of creating symlinks has been described on this forum and other Logic forums many times, and those who did do not feel like endlessly repeating themselves maybe?

Anyway...

It would help if you'd explain what you did and how you came to the conclusion that it didn't work?

I use symlinks and it works just fine. The procedure:
1. Copy the Library/Application Support/Logic folder to you external.
2. When copying is done, trash the original folder AND empty the trash.

3. From the copied folder, create a symlink with whatever method you have for it.

4. Move (which amounts to: copy) the symlink to the Library/Application Support folder.

5. Remove the suffix "symlink" from the symlink, so it has the exact name of the folder it refers to.

6. Check if you did things this way for all relevant folders

7. Just to be clean, restart your Mac.

Logic folder to external drive? HOW?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.