Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro Does Not Wake from Sleep

I am running the following:

iMac Pro (2017)

Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W

Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

When I conclude my work for the day, I set my iMac Pro to "Sleep" under the apple menu. Then, when I return, I will try to wake it up by moving the mouse around or typing on the keyboard, but it will not wake up.

I am forced to hit the power button on the back, and this also sometimes will not wake the machine up, which then requires holding the button down, effectively re-starting the computer (and defeating the purpose of putting on "sleep" mode). I definitely understand that it should be re-started frequently, but I need to be able to use "Sleep" mode, too.

I have NEVER had this problem with any of my other iMacs.

Please help!

iMac Pro (2017)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:43 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 16, 2018 12:37 AM in response to DonH49

I am having the same exact issue. My version of High Sierra is 10.13.4 and for a time, I thought it was corrected but I continue to have issues. Any help or feedback you received would be appreciated.

Yes - went through all the iterations suggested by Apple Support, including SMC, PRAM, etc...

I found this link below for have yet to implement...

https://www.macissues.com/2015/05/08/how-to-fix-your-mac-not-waking-from-sleep/

Has anyone had similar issues but resolved?

iMac Pro Does Not Wake from Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.