Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won’t download to iPhone

I have three bars LTE I click on the photo that I took two hours ago. It’s the last photo I took.

* It’s fuzzy and has an ! on it

* I tap to view it and it stays fuzzy

* I go to edit it and I get dialogue saying I can’t download: “There was an error downloading this photo from your iPhoto library. Please try again later”

* All other Internet things are working fine

* Why can’t I simply force my phone to either keep the recent most 40 pictures on my phone or download a photo that I want?

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 3:52 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 10, 2018 8:41 AM in response to Dan Perkins

With 115GB of photos and videos, it can take up to 11.5 GB on your iPhone (as a rough estimate, based on the user experience here), not 1.15 GB. It may be slightly less, if you are using iOS 11 and the space saving HEIC format (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022#working).

And either way, if 3.26 of stuff on my phone is low res previews of photos, I have plenty of space for "the last 20 pics" to stay on my phone, right?

The iPhone may have stopped to download the missing thumbs and previews for the 11.5 GB, because it could not squeeze them in.

If you cannot afford more than 3.26GB for videos and photos on the iPhone, I would not keep more than 32 GB in iCloud.

Mar 6, 2018 6:32 AM in response to Dan Perkins

Do you have more photos in iCloud than will fit unto your iPhone in an optimized version? Even if you are using iCloud Photo Library and optimize, you may run out of storage on your iPhone. Optimize can reduce the required storage to roughly a tenth of the size of the photos. For example, If the photos need 100 GB in iCloud, you will need at least 10 GB for the photos on your iPhone, or you cannot work with them at all, because Photos has no storage to download them too.

Mar 10, 2018 7:35 AM in response to léonie

I have about

- 115GB of photos/videos on iCloud

- Photos app is taking up 3.26GB of space on my iPhone according to Storage in Settings

- 8.7GB of free space on my iPhone

From what you're saying, 115GB should eat up about 1.15GB, not 3.26GB on my phone. And either way, if 3.26 of stuff on my phone is low res previews of photos, I have plenty of space for "the last 20 pics" to stay on my phone, right?

Photos won’t download to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.