Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage Band Unavailable to Download

Im using a Macbook pro and when i go to download Garage band it says i need OS X version 10.12.2 or later is required, i checked the app store and no system updates needed, please help, its the same for iMovie as well.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 7:53 AM

The most recent version of MacOS X is 10.13.3.

You will not get an update alert, if you are running the last version of a major release of MacOS X.

For example, if you are running the last version of MacOS X 10.11.x El Capitan, you will not get an update alert, when a new MacOS X release comes out.

You have to upgrade to the new release by upgrading the system, not updating.

If your Mac supports High Sierra, you can upgrade to High Sierra from the main tab of the App Store, not from the Updates tab. macOS High Sierra - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 7:53 AM in response to JessicaInnes

The most recent version of MacOS X is 10.13.3.

You will not get an update alert, if you are running the last version of a major release of MacOS X.

For example, if you are running the last version of MacOS X 10.11.x El Capitan, you will not get an update alert, when a new MacOS X release comes out.

You have to upgrade to the new release by upgrading the system, not updating.

If your Mac supports High Sierra, you can upgrade to High Sierra from the main tab of the App Store, not from the Updates tab. macOS High Sierra - Apple

Garage Band Unavailable to Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.