Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim swopping from talktalk(vodafone) to Virgin issue

Im switching sim over from talktalk (vodafone) to virgin. The phones not locked to vodafone but the message im getting when i put the new sim in is "sim not supported" Im sure its something to do with the settings on the phone. Its an iphone 6

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 3:27 AM

You have 3 possibilities:

The SIM you're trying to use is defective. (ask for a new one)

The SIM card holder on your iphone if defective. Have it checked at your nearest Apple Store.

Even if you don't think so, your iphone is still carrier locked. Contact the old carrier, only the carrier can unlock your iphone (if you qualify). Talk also to the new carrier and ask them.

I don't think it could be a matter of settings.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 3:27 AM in response to katiesdaddy

You have 3 possibilities:

The SIM you're trying to use is defective. (ask for a new one)

The SIM card holder on your iphone if defective. Have it checked at your nearest Apple Store.

Even if you don't think so, your iphone is still carrier locked. Contact the old carrier, only the carrier can unlock your iphone (if you qualify). Talk also to the new carrier and ask them.

I don't think it could be a matter of settings.

Regards

Giulio

Sim swopping from talktalk(vodafone) to Virgin issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.