Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone - can I save/read/edit Windows Notepad files?

I use Windows 10 Notepad .txt files a lot and I keep them on my Windows PC hard drive.

I already know that in Windows I can attach the .txt files to an AOL email, send it to my iPhone, and read the files in AOL on the iPhone.

But I can see no way of saving them on my iPhone and keeping them in a folder there, opening them and editing them. I guess there is nothing like the Windows folder system on iPhone.

Are there ways of doing this, please?

Or if I uploaded then to e.g. OneDrive, I could access them with my iPhone, but again, could I open, read and edit them?

Mike

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 4:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 10, 2018 1:51 AM in response to mike160304

Without wishing to upset anyone - I have to say that I am not getting much help here.

I now have Windows Notepad files and other files on Dropbox, synced with my iPhone SE.

On the iPhone, I can create new .txt files. (and even Word files, it seems). I can also open all the .txt files from my PC, but:

- In some .txt files, I have an Edit icon at bottom left, and can edit.

- In other .txt files, I have no Edit icon and cannot edit, and have wandered around trying to find out how to make the file editable, without success.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Mike

iPhone - can I save/read/edit Windows Notepad files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.