Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone app store "could not sign in" message

I have the Iphone 7, fully updated to latest IOS. I keep getting an error message when I attempt to sign into the app store saying "could not sign in, trouble connecting to server" I get this message when trying to sign in through settings as well.

I family share with my Father and am signed in on the phone but not in the app store. My sign in works perfectly fine online and I recently changed my password. I have tried other solutions as well, I have reset my phone, reset network settings, updated my phone and set my date and time a year back and then corrected it, and signed completely out of the phone entirely but nothing has worked.

My phone is brand new and I just wanted to update my apps man.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 2:14 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, mycahll.
If I understand your post correctly, you were able to sign in on your computer nad other apps on your iPhone but you are not able to sign in to the App Store on your iPhone. I'd like to help.
Try the steps in this article:
If you can‘t connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 2:14 PM in response to mycahll

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, mycahll.
If I understand your post correctly, you were able to sign in on your computer nad other apps on your iPhone but you are not able to sign in to the App Store on your iPhone. I'd like to help.
Try the steps in this article:
If you can‘t connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Iphone app store "could not sign in" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.