Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro Mouse

Can I use a bluetooth mouse with my Ipad Pro?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 7:16 AM

6 replies

Apr 20, 2018 8:07 AM in response to mikeandheidi95

mikeandheidi95 wrote:

So iPad Pro never will replace your notebook/tablet computer ;-)

I would NOT state “never”!

The iPad, in general, may come close to replacing traditional laptop computers,as time moves on, and as contiinued hardware and iOS enhancements move forward, but will do so in a different manner contrary to how ”old school“ computer users think it “ought to be”!

You do not need a mouse or trackpad to be productive with ANY iPad.

Never needed a nouse or trackpads, or up until very recently, a Bluetooth keyboard, in the 8 years I have been using iPads.

Apr 20, 2018 8:33 AM in response to MichelPM

Your measure of productive is what? Multitasking between spread sheets and documents comes easy with a touch screen? Or how about for third party applications dependent on a mouse? The issue is they advertised the iPad Pro could replace something that it simply cannot. I am very adept with tech and utilize many devices including an iPad for leisure, however many have mentioned wanting to be productive and they know what tool they need, and the simple resolution is a small amount of code to create a bridge between the device being good, to it being great? If for example, everyone went out to buy neon clothes to match their conception of a hover board that is coming soon, they would be sad when the innovation did not occur.

Same thing with the mouse. If you had the innovation that for sure replaced it, then show me it, let adopt it together but the touch screen is not the replacement for the mouse for most people, most jobs, and most work environments. We would not be here discussing this if Apple didn't make the claim it has yet to back up, iPad Pro replacing what?

In your 8 years of iPad, and I had most those models, they were not a tablet computer, and they still are not...

Apr 20, 2018 9:00 AM in response to mikeandheidi95

You have your opinion and others have theirs.

Many would argue your viewpoint.

The majority of applications for iPad are designed for touch and/or stylus only.

BTW,

I asume you ARE aware of the trackpad feature of iOS that has been part of the iOS virtual keyboard since iOS 9?

I have been using the virtual keyboard of iPads for the entire 8 years and use this trackpad feature of the virtual keyboard since iOS 9 and this works VERY well for editing documents and spreadsheets.

One of the advantages of spending the time to learn how to use and get proficient with using the virtual keyboard on iPads and iOS, instead of just complaining and spending money on a seperate wireless keyboard device.

I just purchased a Bluetooth keyboard recently so I can use one keyboard between both my iPad and Mac when I am using both of these together.

Ipad Pro Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.