Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question on deleting from Accounts & Passwords

Under my iphone's General=>Accounts & Passwords =>App & Website Passwords screen I located two unknown accounts with the format of mXXXXXXXX@homerun.telia.com Each one with different numbers (XXX...) and a password.

As I didn't know these accounts, I deleted them. Later these two accounts reappeared. When I edited the passwords of the two accounts, duplicates of the original accounts were recreated. I delete them and reboot the iphone, they reappear. Nothing I've tried seems to get rid of them.

I've even deleted every app and account from this page. Still when I come back to this screen the telia accounts are recreated.

How can I remove these? I'm I being hacked?

Thanks!

HomeyBeach

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 12:08 PM

6 replies

Mar 8, 2018 1:41 PM in response to HomeyBeach

HomeyBeach wrote:

Under my iphone's General=>Accounts & Passwords =>App & Website Passwords screen I located two unknown accounts with the format of mXXXXXXXX@homerun.telia.com Each one with different numbers (XXX...) and a password.

As I didn't know these accounts, I deleted them. Later these two accounts reappeared. When I edited the passwords of the two accounts, duplicates of the original accounts were recreated. I delete them and reboot the iphone, they reappear. Nothing I've tried seems to get rid of them.

I've even deleted every app and account from this page. Still when I come back to this screen the telia accounts are recreated.

How can I remove these? I'm I being hacked?

Thanks!

HomeyBeach

Did you download the telia wifi app or using telia wifi app? /Doing a google search of homerun.telia.com is what shows up.

Mar 8, 2018 2:45 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hello Lawrence - Looked in Settings=>General and found no Profiles to delete. I also deleted the AT&T Global Wifi app. When I checked Apps & Passwords - Those accounts keep coming back. I've tried editing the domain on the accounts and the passwords and the deleting them all and every time the two original mXXXXXXXX@homerun.telia.com accounts and a new password is created plus the one that I edited is re-created as well. Thanks.

Mar 28, 2018 7:39 AM in response to HomeyBeach

I have the same issue. I deleted the Xfinity profile and then went to App & Website Passwords, where I find 3 entries without an associated website. (I'm thinking they're stored for wifi hotspots).

2 entries use an old username (deleted/inactive email account)

1 entry uses the current username (new email account)

None has an associated website, although I can delete the blank website. Every time I delete these username/password entries, they are regenerated by going back to Accounts, and then back into Passwords. I've tried turning off Keychain, deleting, and then activating Keychain again. I am still unable to delete these saved entries from App & Website Passwords under Accounts & Passwords. Any help is appreciated.

Question on deleting from Accounts & Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.