Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

back to previous logic version

Hi

I updated, as I always do, to the latest Logic pro X version (10.4.0 and later to 10.4.1).

This time however I experience rerun serious problems in the score editor, which is my main editor as I am working on a book with pieces for choir.

there were already many errors in the score editor, but now it is so bad that I cannot really continue working.

I did not make a back up, (I never did, of the files, yes)

I work on macOS sierra,

Can anybody help?

thanks,

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 3:09 AM

Typical cause of what you are seeing is the range of notes allowed to display as denoted by the staff style.

1/ open up the staff style window and select all the staffs styles.

2/ at the top right of each staff style is the lowest note and the highest note to display....

make sure they are set to go from C-2 to G8 if you want the full range.

you can select them all by using cmd+a - then drag the high note up to G8 and all will be set with fullest range.

Let us know if that addresses the issue.

It is not bug in logic - but rather how you have defined the range of notes to be displayed in the staff styles.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 3:09 AM in response to Jonazzzz

Typical cause of what you are seeing is the range of notes allowed to display as denoted by the staff style.

1/ open up the staff style window and select all the staffs styles.

2/ at the top right of each staff style is the lowest note and the highest note to display....

make sure they are set to go from C-2 to G8 if you want the full range.

you can select them all by using cmd+a - then drag the high note up to G8 and all will be set with fullest range.

Let us know if that addresses the issue.

It is not bug in logic - but rather how you have defined the range of notes to be displayed in the staff styles.

Mar 9, 2018 11:55 AM in response to Indyuser

Hi Indyuser

Thanks,

If I try to change the size of a stave all notes disappear. If I try to change any one parameter in the score window (size, stem direction, slurs etc etc,) all parameters change, and the notes disappears. After multiple undo's I get back my notes. I made a pdf to show, but can I send that on this forum?

best,

J

back to previous logic version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.