Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Problem Installing High Sierra

I've download the "Install Mac High Sierra" from the App Store. I try to install and it requests my account password, I've tried both my Computer Account password and my App Store password and nothing happens. I've tried deleting the download and trying again but nothing seems to work.

I had a previous problem logging into my Mac, I rebooted in Recovery mode and it suggested that I reformat the hard drive, I saved everything and erased the hard drive when it restarted it download OSX Mountain Lion. I don't know if this could have anything to do with this issue but I figure the more information I give you the better.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 9, 2018 5:15 AM in response to CarlyHove In response to CarlyHove

I've never seen it worded quite like that before.

A quick Google suggests that having "foreign" (i.e. non-English) characters in your password may cause problems with this particular window. Even if you don't, it may be worth changing your password anyway to something simpler temporarily to see if it helps.

Mar 9, 2018 5:15 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 5:38 AM in response to CarlyHove In response to CarlyHove

I rebooted in Recovery mode and it suggested that I reformat the hard drive

That should never occur. It means that your Mac's hard disk drive has already failed. Nothing will work properly until you have it replaced. Contact Support to have Apple perform the repair.

Mar 9, 2018 5:38 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 5:55 AM in response to dialabrain In response to dialabrain

"You" as in a representative of Apple. I assume that's what you are, I'm on Apple Support therefore you work for Apple. I apologise if you feel I've wronged you in some way and for my ridiculous notion thinking that I was speaking to the same person.

Mar 9, 2018 5:55 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: CarlyHove

Question: Problem Installing High Sierra