Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook air doesn't recognize the built in camera.

My macbook air 13 inch is updated to the lastest macOS high sierra ver. 10.13.3 and until now the camera is unrecognizable. I have tried the sudo killall command thing on the terminal and it didn't work. I tried asking help online from Apple support but still no use. My last option is to go to the nearest iStore but before I do that I wanted to make sure I have used all my online resources for answers that could fix this. What else can I do that doesn't involve 3rd party softwares or any unnecessary downloads that could harm my macbook air?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 13 inch early 2014

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 6:48 AM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2018 11:06 AM in response to sheenskataku

I had same problem with 2013 MacBook Air. Tried all the tricks and none worked.

I knew it wasn't a hardware problem because if I booted from an external USB drive the camera worked fine.

Finally booted from recovery partition, erased the HD, reinstalled High Sierra from scratch and used Migration Assistant to move my backed up files and users from my external drive. A pain in the *** (thanks Apple) but the only thing that worked. I suspect that is what you'll have to do as well.

My macbook air doesn't recognize the built in camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.