Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use Siri on your iPhone X to make phone calls. To help with this issue, please make sure you have followed each of these steps from this Apple resource on your situation:
If Siri isn't available, or doesn't understand or respond to questions
Siri might say something like, "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network," or "Try again in a little while." This is probably a network issue. Check your Internet connection and try again later.
If Siri still doesn't work as expected, try these steps. After each step, try to see if Siri is working.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and make sure that Listen for "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri or Press Side Button for Siri* are on. Also, go to Settings > General > Restrictions, and make sure that Siri & Dictation isn't off.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search and turn off "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri or Press Side Button for Siri*. Then turn both back on again.
- If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri only works when you're using a headset, get help with the microphones on your device.
If Siri still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.
If "Hey Siri" doesn't work
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that "Hey Siri" is on.
- Make sure that your device is face up. Placing your device face down disables "Hey Siri." If you have a Smart Cover on your iPad, it will disable "Hey Siri" if it's closed.
- If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, most iPads, or an iPod touch, you need to plug your device into power to use "Hey Siri." If you have an iPhone 6s and later, or an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro 10.5-inch, or iPad Pro (9.7-inch), you don't need to plug your device into power to use "Hey Siri."
If "Hey Siri" still doesn't work, turn it off and back on again.