Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Crashes

Hi

when Mail launches from hard start, several instances of the mail window appears then beachball then crashes.

When it doesn't crash a long list of window "view" is listed with Bullets

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 8:52 AM

4 replies

Mar 10, 2018 8:07 AM in response to ojsebi

Greetings, ojsebi.

It appears that the Mail application on your Mac mini isn't working as expected. It opens several instances of the Mail app, then it quits. I'm happy to help.

macOS Sierra: Quit apps -- Make certain the Mail app is completely closed, then restart the Mail app while holding down the shift key. If the Mail application opens as it should, quit the Mail application and start it normally.

How to turn on or turn off your Mac -- If the issue persists, restart your Mac then test the issue.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Test how it responds in safe mode. If there are no issues, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. Remember this when booting in safe mode: Limited graphics performance in OS X recovery or safe mode

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test another user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Mar 13, 2018 9:34 AM in response to SnickZ.

Thank you for the insightful reply

1. Followed your instructions. One mail window instance launched when I launched email under Shift+launch

when I restarted mail under normal. 2 instances launched. Problem not solved

2. Another problem surfaced: when I click on Mail Preferences the app crashes. Tried it under Shift+launch , same problem

Help is appreciated on both issues

Thanks

Mail Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.