Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I supposed to log into iCloud every restart?

Every time I restart my computer I get error windows telling me it can't log into iCloud. Is this normal? Should I be required to log in after each reboot? Its really really irritating and a lot of extra work. What is the point of Miessage if I must constantly log in?

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 11:10 AM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2018 2:54 PM in response to Gnarlodious

Every time I restart my computer, which happens every time it kernel panics, I get this window:User uploaded file

Is this Apple's idea of good usability? Why do i have to sign in every time my computer crashes? Isn't iCloud at least supposed to remember my Apple ID between reboots?

Please don't suggest I delete my .plist files again, I am tired of it. My feeling is that iCloud is just not ready for prime time, and I should switch to Google Cloud. Has anyone gotten iCloud to work?

Mar 9, 2018 12:16 PM in response to Gnarlodious

I have never had that happen to me after a reboot on 2 computers. Are you actually having to log in or are you just getting a message asking you to log in?

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit System Preferences.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Am I supposed to log into iCloud every restart?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.