Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not syncing with iPhone calendar

iPad does not sync properly with Calendar or Contacts from iPhone. Any suggestions? Previous thread on this shows 33 replies but none who solved the problem.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 10:26 AM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2018 2:02 PM in response to razmee209

Syncing iPhone with iPad. It is inconsistent. sometimes the calendar sinks perfectly although it may be delayed. Other times not so. And Contacts are worse; some of the entries never sync up - end up with two completely different contacts.

Entries in iPhone always synced with the iPad in the past. No “middle man” that I was aware of, unless perhaps it was the exchange server ( in my office which I no longer use) that served as the “middleman”. This case might you be referring to iCloud as the middle man?

Mar 9, 2018 2:06 PM in response to walter from south plainfield

walter from south plainfield wrote:

Syncing iPhone with iPad. It is inconsistent. sometimes the calendar sinks perfectly although it may be delayed. Other times not so. And Contacts are worse; some of the entries never sync up - end up with two completely different contacts.

Entries in iPhone always synced with the iPad in the past. No “middle man” that I was aware of, unless perhaps it was the exchange server ( in my office which I no longer use) that served as the “middleman”. This case might you be referring to iCloud as the middle man?

Yes you either sync it with an mail or icloud account.

you would need to make sure if you sync with icloud at icloud calendar is the default calendar both both devices and if contcts turn on in icloud on both devices.

iPad not syncing with iPhone calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.