Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine won’t back up with Sierra. I use a Capsule, and when I enter to say back up, which takes an extremely long time, I get a message that the back up was interrupted

I’m unable to get Time Machine to back up to my Airport Capsule, suggestions? It was working fine until this fall.

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 10:48 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 9, 2018 1:56 PM in response to missdeeinpre

Ok, thanks for the update on the modem. If you got your Time Capsule (TC) new in 2012, then it most likely is a 4th generation 802.11n "flat" model. The latest versions are "tall." Regardless, it's important to understand that most consumer-grade networking hardware have a useful lifespan of between 3-5 years. I'm not necessarily suggesting that your TC is faulty, just making you aware of that bit of information.

What I would suggest at this point in time is to perform a "factory default" reset on your TC, and then, set it back up for your networking goals. Note that performing this type of reset does NOT affect any data stored on its internal (or external) hard drive(s).

After you have it back up and running, see if Time Machine continues with its backups.

Time Machine won’t back up with Sierra. I use a Capsule, and when I enter to say back up, which takes an extremely long time, I get a message that the back up was interrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.