Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted contacts STILL show up on my Macbook iMessage

I am so ******* tired of my exes names popping up when I iMessage from my mac. Of course they have names of my friends and relatives so on more than one occasion I have texted these guys. I don't even like seeing their names. Like many frustrated users I have deleted their contacts from every device I own. I don't see their names when I use my iPhone or iPad but only when I message from my mac. I have tried MacPaw, I have tried creating sham names for these people, I have deleted the actual chat files, and now on the verge of sacrificing a chicken to the gods. Its 2018 and we have driverless cars but Apple STILL hasn't managed to figure this out? Obi-Wan your're my only hope.

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 11:02 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 9, 2018 11:21 AM in response to CappyCasey

If you're talking about the names that appear in autocomplete when starting a message, they are in a separate cache. I know you can't delete it on an iPhone without restoring the phone. You probably could track it down on your Mac but I don't know where to tell you to start.

Eventually, the items in the cache will be overwritten and will stop appearing. As long as you don't text them.

Avoid any software by MacPaw. It's only one step up from malware and they use very unethical marketing and advertising.

Deleted contacts STILL show up on my Macbook iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.