Here's a picture:
The formula is shown below the table as it appears in the formula editor.
To enter the formula:
- Click on the result cell (D2)
- type = to open the formula editor.
- Click on cell B2
- type / (Numbers will immediately change that to the division sign, ÷ )
- Click on cell C2
- Click the green checkmark to confirm the entry.
To fill the formula down the rest of the column:
- Move the mouse pointer close to the bottom of cell D2. A Fill Handle (yellow circle) will appear.
- Grab the fill handle with the pointer and drag down to copy the formula into the rest of the cells in column D.
- If cells in column C are empty, this will produce error triangles in column D due to a
division by zero error.
- If the cells in columns B and C already contain data, the cells in column D will show the results of the division.