Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SCREENSAVERS WERE DELETED!!!!!

Hey, Apple community. The other day, my MacBook decided that it was going to delete all but two of my screensavers. The only two remaining are Computer Name and Flurry. Is there a way to fix this? Oh, and I'm using Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion, if that helps (don't have the money to upgrade to a newer MacBook). Here's a screenshot:User uploaded file

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 12:53 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Qu1g13y

Hello Qu1g13y,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are missing some screen savers in System Preferences on your MacBook. If you have a recent Time Machine backup, you can restore that backup to get your screen savers back and here is more info:

Restore everything from a Time Machine backup

To completely restore your Mac, use the “Restore from Time Machine Backup” utility in macOS Recovery. The disk you're restoring is erased before receiving the macOS and other contents of your Time Machine backup.

How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

If you don't have a recent backup, you can make a backup of your personal data and put a fresh copy of OS X Lion on your Mac using OS X Recovery mode, as that will reinstall these screen savers that come as part of OS X Lion.

Back up your files with Time Machine
Backing up your Mac hard drive
How to reinstall macOS

Cheers!

SCREENSAVERS WERE DELETED!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.