Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

During phone calls my iPhone 8 starts dialling digits and/or changes to Face Time and the person at the other end does not hear me anymore

After using my iPhone 6s for over 3 years it started dialling digits at random while calling another person and/or changed to speaker or Face Time while the other person could not hear me anymore whereas I heard him or her.

I traded my iPhone 6S in for an iPhone 8 at an Apple Store in Florida in February of this year but I had the same described trouble. After returning home to France I asked my provider(Orange in France) to supply a new SIm card but the problem persisted.

After hours of chats with Apple support they advised me to present my problem to the nearest Apple Store which in my case is the Store at the CAP 3000 mall adjacent to Nice airport. I went there and after my phone was duly diagnosed and tested at the Genius bar they offered to replace my new iPhone 8 with another new iPhone 8 which I collected from the same store two days ago.

Unfortunately the problem did not disappear so there is obviously interference from another element (apps ?) with the normal phone function.

In my dispair I deleted the Waze and Video apps and I'll make some calls to-morrow as it is now late evening at my location.

Did this problem occur with any other iPhone user ?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6, Orange sim card

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 1:45 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

During phone calls my iPhone 8 starts dialling digits and/or changes to Face Time and the person at the other end does not hear me anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.