Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I install original OS Sierra in 2018?

I am using El Capitan on a mid 2012 MacBook Pro model (old school hard drive). Is there a way to upgrade to Sierra, and NOT High Sierra?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

How to download macOS Sierra - Apple Support

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 3:43 PM in response to that was my alias In response to that was my alias

I vaguely recall seeing a link somewhere to get the original Sierra from the app store, though I don't know if it's still possible. As to using more RAM and processing power, don't worry about it. It runs at least as well on my 2011 iMac as Sierra did. It uses no more RAM or processing power than Sierra did.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 3:43 PM in response to that was my alias In response to that was my alias

I vaguely recall seeing a link somewhere to get the original Sierra from the app store, though I don't know if it's still possible. As to using more RAM and processing power, don't worry about it. It runs at least as well on my 2011 iMac as Sierra did. It uses no more RAM or processing power than Sierra did.

Mar 9, 2018 3:43 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: that was my alias

Question: How do I install original OS Sierra in 2018?