Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Wrong Daylight Saving

High Sierra, new iMac: "Calendar" pop-up says "Daylight Saving Time starts Tomorrow" (11 March).

It doesn't! I'm in Australia: Australian states that have DLS start on 1 April.
My "Calendar" correctly show timezone as ACST, and correctly shows DLS starting on 1 April, but also shows it starting tomorrow.
The reason, seen by clicking is that it is a part of the "Holidays in the United States" calendar. My preferences however aren't set to show this Calendar! Why is this so?

Even if I wanted to have the USA holidays show, I wouldn't want the DLS to show, as it would potentially mislead me and many others. Why is that association so?
Thanks, Paul.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 5:56 AM

Paul,

I can't answer your question specifically. However, I asked Siri when DST starts for me in the US and she said April 1. Luckily I found out it start for us here tomorrow (March 11). The cause of Siri's error? I had her voice set to "Australian English". When I set it to "US English", she reported correctly.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 5:56 AM in response to Puffyale

Paul,

I can't answer your question specifically. However, I asked Siri when DST starts for me in the US and she said April 1. Luckily I found out it start for us here tomorrow (March 11). The cause of Siri's error? I had her voice set to "Australian English". When I set it to "US English", she reported correctly.

Calendar Wrong Daylight Saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.