Related Article

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My ipad continues to say it is disabled and to connect to itunes. I want to restore it to the factory setting and cannot.

My ipad continues to say it is disabled. I am unable to connect it to itunes. I want to restore it to the factory setting and cannot.

iPad

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 9, 2018 3:33 PM in response to Julita7777 In response to Julita7777

It would be helpful if you told us version numbers:

• What model iPad?
  • What version of iOS?
  • What version of iTunes (do not say "the latest")?

My guess is you do not have iTunes 12.7 or later, which is required to communicate to iOS 11.

Mar 9, 2018 3:33 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 9:46 AM in response to sberman In response to sberman

Hi, thanks so much for replying. 🙂

I have an iPad Air A1474 16GB.

I don't know what version iOS I have. I know that I update whenever I'm notified. As recently as a week or two ago.

I can't find out my version of iTunes. There is no Help tab on the menu when I launch iTunes! I suspect that you are right that it is a too old version.

Thanks.

Mar 10, 2018 9:46 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 12:09 PM in response to Julita7777 In response to Julita7777

You have an original iPad Air, which can run the current iOS version (11.2.6).

You can find your iTunes version by using iTunes' menu. Click the leftmost entry in the menu (varies between PC and Mac), and then choose "About iTunes" from the dropdown. iTunes 12.7 requires at least Windows 7 or OS X 10.10.5. If you have one of these operating systems or later, visit:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download

... to download and install your correct version of iTunes.

Mar 10, 2018 12:09 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 1:59 PM in response to sberman In response to sberman

As I mentioned in my previous email, there is no Help tab when I open iTunes. Only the music list and the message that says that iCloud has temporarily signed me out. I went into my Windows 10 directory asking for apps and found iTunes with this number underneath it: 12.1.2.27. Is that my version?

Mar 10, 2018 1:59 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 2:21 PM in response to Julita7777 In response to Julita7777

Again, you do not require a help tab in iTunes to learn its version number. I explained above how to obtain this number - no help tab required.

But iTunes 12.1.2.XX is a legitimate version number. This version, released in April, 2015, does not support the current iOS version.

So again, visit http://www.apple.com/itunes/download and get the latest iTunes version (12.7.3) from there.

Mar 10, 2018 2:21 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Julita7777

Question: My ipad continues to say it is disabled and to connect to itunes. I want to restore it to the factory setting and cannot.