Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X issues

So I’ve been an Apple fan since the 3GS and had every phone since. I’ve an iMac, Mac Mini and Apple TVs so I’d consider myself a fan. However, since acquiring the iPhone X I feel like it’s taken a step back. Approving family sharing purchases now requires a password instead of finger scan, I’m deleting multiple screenshots from my photos daily from having my phone in my pocket. My friend even managed to call emergency services whilst her phone was in her pocket. Is anyone else having these issues? Is there any hope of having them fixed? Or do I look at moving to the dark side (Android) as it’s looking like the next lot of phones out will be in a similar format. Hugely disappointed in my expensive purchase.

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 2:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2018 3:03 PM in response to karluc48r

Using Face ID to approve family purchases is expected in iOS 11.3 but it's still in beta so there's still no guarantee. You can also disable the option to call emergency services within the settings if you don't want that feature turned on. I haven't had any issues with taking inadvertent screenshots even though I keep mine in my pocket as well.

All-in-all, if you're unhappy then return it and get something that suits your needs and will make you happy. There's no reason holding on to such an expensive device if you aren't happy with it.

iPhone X issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.