Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: You don't have permission to use the application "..."

Hello! I am on a computer with parental controls enabled on it. This means that when I try to use certain applications, I will get an error message saying User uploaded file This is a big problem, because I am trying to use a Python IDE, except it is literally impossible to run anything when I cannot use python. I went into the parental controls section and checked that I can use all applications, however, I still get this error. Also, when I click "Always Allow..." and type in the username and password, the error pops up again. And again and again and again, every time I press "Always Allow", it does nothing except send another error message onto my screen.

Does anyone know a way to fix this permanently so that the application is accessible?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 9, 2018 4:49 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

As I said in the original post, I have the administrator username and password, I already allowed all applications, and I have tried clicking "Always Allow...". I need to know what in settings needs to be changed, and how this can be done. I have all of the administrator access, there is nothing my parents can do that I cannot.

Mar 9, 2018 4:49 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 6:39 PM in response to linusjlee In response to linusjlee

I don't know if this helps, but I seem to have found the "python" file that the error is referring to. It is a terminal command.

Mar 9, 2018 6:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 7:20 PM in response to linusjlee In response to linusjlee

If you do have admin privileges as you say, you can go to System Preferences -> Parental Controls -> click the user account and see if "Limit Applications on this Mac" is checked. If it is, you can look through the dropdown list under "Allowed Apps" or use the search box and manually add it to the list. I'm not sure how much Parental Controls has changed since El Capitan, but it should probably have the same thing, if not something similar.

Mar 9, 2018 7:20 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: linusjlee

Question: You don't have permission to use the application "..."