Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable gmail archiving messages

I'm trying to simply delete eMail messages after reading them! But they (the deleted messages) continue to appear/reside in the archive folder.

How can I edit this process/action to have the option to delete/trash as opposed to archive?

Thanks.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 4:00 AM

You wrote - I'm trying to simply delete eMail messages after reading them! But they (the deleted messages) continue to appear/reside in the archive folder.

Archiving the mails is just showing and giving the appearance / existence of mails that are in sent and inbox via archive folder , archiving of mails can not be " deleted " .See this thread .

How to permantl delete messages from Archive in OSX?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2018 4:00 AM in response to jmac0408

You wrote - I'm trying to simply delete eMail messages after reading them! But they (the deleted messages) continue to appear/reside in the archive folder.

Archiving the mails is just showing and giving the appearance / existence of mails that are in sent and inbox via archive folder , archiving of mails can not be " deleted " .See this thread .

How to permantl delete messages from Archive in OSX?

how to disable gmail archiving messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.