Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Broken motherboard iPhone SE?

My iphone went completely black and it wouldn't turn on. I tried reseting it (home/power button) and it didnt work. I also tried to connect it to itunes but it wouldn't recognize it . can apple fix it?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

As stated they will replace the whole iPhone with Out of Warranty Replacement.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 9, 2018 4:03 PM in response to castillocarrie_ In response to castillocarrie_

My iPhone 7 did that and it's been away for over three weeks getting fixed. Some hardware issue which I have no idea how much it is going to cost or when I'll see it again. Take it in and get it looked at. Ask them straight out if it can be fixed and how much.

Good Luck

Pete

Mar 9, 2018 4:04 PM in response to castillocarrie_ In response to castillocarrie_

castillocarrie_ wrote:

I did !

And what did they tell you?

As a rule, the only repairs Apple will do in store are things like replacing broken displays. Anything else will result in replacement of the phone. For mail in repairs, it may take longer as they may opt to do an actual repair of your device depending on what the problem is. If they can't fix it, they will replace it.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 9, 2018 4:03 PM in response to castillocarrie_ In response to castillocarrie_

My iPhone 7 did that and it's been away for over three weeks getting fixed. Some hardware issue which I have no idea how much it is going to cost or when I'll see it again. Take it in and get it looked at. Ask them straight out if it can be fixed and how much.

Good Luck

Pete

Mar 9, 2018 4:03 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 9, 2018 4:04 PM in response to castillocarrie_ In response to castillocarrie_

castillocarrie_ wrote:

I did !

And what did they tell you?

As a rule, the only repairs Apple will do in store are things like replacing broken displays. Anything else will result in replacement of the phone. For mail in repairs, it may take longer as they may opt to do an actual repair of your device depending on what the problem is. If they can't fix it, they will replace it.

Mar 9, 2018 4:04 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 9, 2018 4:21 PM in response to castillocarrie_ In response to castillocarrie_

If it's not under warranty or AppleCare+, you can get an out of warranty replacement if it hasn't been tampered with.

In the US, out of warranty replacement for an iPhone SE is $269.

iPhone Service Pricing - Apple Support

Mar 9, 2018 4:21 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: castillocarrie_

Question: Broken motherboard iPhone SE?