Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how to add payment options to a column

I have a column in Numbers for my music equip expenses.

I have several payment methods, DISCOVER/DEBIT/CASH/

I have seen where one can press the mouse on the cell and those options become available,

How can I have the different payment methods available to select so as to not have to write them in.

User uploaded file

What is shown above is what I have to type in, or copy paste I understand there is a way to have my payment options available somewhere in that column to select from.

I am a Numbers newbie and not a business major so if you can help in anyway that is basic I would appreciate it.

NUMBERS 4.3.1

iMac 10.13.3

Thank you in advance for your simplified explanation.

jojoguitar

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.1.2, wife's iPad

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Barry, you are indeed a Numbers Guy. This was spot on. At 70 and getting back into performing music it's all I can do to buy equipment but now I now how much and which way it went.

And I assume if I get cash I can add cash as an option in that pop-up Menu, heck, I'll do that now while I got this thing open.

My Financial manager aka wife said I have to be more responsible about where the doe goes and you have helped 100%.

I need to print this because at 70 I sometimes for get,

So Harry, opps, I mean Barry, I may be back with another but at least I now know I have a friend in the Numbers Game.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 9, 2018 5:46 PM in response to jojoguitar In response to jojoguitar

Hi jojo,

A pop-up menu could be your friend here,

In the column where you want the payment options entered, use an empty run of cells to enter the options.

Check the spelling before going to the next step.

Select all of the cells containing payment options, then click the Format brush to open th Format Inspector.

In the Inspector, click Cell, then use the op-up menu to change the format from Automatic to Pop-Up Menu.

User uploaded file

After selecting Pop-Up Menu, you'll see this in the Inspector pane.

User uploaded file

Use the two item pop-up menu below the list to set the cells to Start with Blank.

Back at the table, click on the top cell, then click the small tab that appears to the right of that cell to open the menu, and set it to 'none'.

Each of the cells in the original selection now contains a copy of the same Pop-up menu, but only one is set to 'none', and there are several more cells in the column that should also include a copy of this menu.

With the one cell still selected, press command-C to Copy.

Now select all cells in the column (except any where you have already entered a payment method—no point having to set all of those again!), and press command-V to Paste.

All of the selected cells now contain a copy of the menu.

User uploaded file

You're done.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 9, 2018 5:46 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 9, 2018 6:41 PM in response to Barry In response to Barry

Barry, you are indeed a Numbers Guy. This was spot on. At 70 and getting back into performing music it's all I can do to buy equipment but now I now how much and which way it went.

And I assume if I get cash I can add cash as an option in that pop-up Menu, heck, I'll do that now while I got this thing open.

My Financial manager aka wife said I have to be more responsible about where the doe goes and you have helped 100%.

I need to print this because at 70 I sometimes for get,

So Harry, opps, I mean Barry, I may be back with another but at least I now know I have a friend in the Numbers Game.

Mar 9, 2018 6:41 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jojoguitar

Question: how to add payment options to a column