Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to High Sierra

Hello. I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. I have been trying for days to upgrade my mac to High Sierra. It's been downloaded from the App Store, but it never seems to install all the way. Today when I was trying (and I've tried repeatedly), it says "Recovery server cannot be contacted". I'm not sure what to do. Do I need to delete the Installer App and try re-downloading it and try again? Is there a way to make the installation go a bit faster? I've literally let it try and install for 18 hours straight with no movement. After it gets almost finished, it's sat there for hours upon hours! Can I clean off my mac somehow to make this process a bit faster? Please help! I am unable to open up files from my external hard drive that are from a newer version of Pages, and I'm assuming that upgrading will help me be able to open them or install a

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 10:14 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 9, 2018 10:59 PM in response to Rachel Ayele

Your machine should be able to accept High Sierra but unfortunately, I don't think you can upgrade the RAM. I seem to recall it was either 4Gb or 8Gb at the point of buying it.

That being the case it may depend on however much you have going on in the background. High Sierra needs much more RAM than Yosemite

Perhaps you will need to update first to Yosemite 10.10.5 by downloading this update.https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1833?locale=en_GB

Once that is working, try again.

You do need to be internet connected.

Mar 14, 2018 11:00 PM in response to seventy one

Hey again. So, I've been trying everything I can think of. I have successfully downloaded and installed Yosemite 10.10.5. I tried then downloading High Sierra, but it still won't install all the way. I've tried cleaning up my laptop by taking things off of it. I've tried downloading MacOS Sierra at least, but I can't figure out why things won't download. Any other ideas???

Upgrading to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.